- I think George Knappster misspelled my moniker. Anyways, George Knapp raises doubts about whether the FBI has really called off the eTreppid-related investigation of Gibbers, or at least doubts that they would tell anyone about it if they did. He cites the rather squirrelly sourcing of the story and the fact that the FBI doesn't inform potential perps about the status of investigations into their perpetrations. As for Gibbons' contention that the investigation was without ground:
of all wrongdoing" and that there was never a basis for an
investigation to begin with. That sounds suspiciously like spin. The
FBI spent two years looking into something that had no basis
whatsoever? I doubt it. My own experience with federal agents is that
they have too much to do to waste time on any investigation that is
completely without foundation. (LVCityLife)
- Oh, and George, its Scandalmonger, not Rumormonger. Why would anyone want to monger a rumor?
- Teleconference day tomorrow! Gibbers will try to appear relevant to a legislature that can pretty much ignore him now. (RJ)
- Assembly Spokester and the Gube are trading love letters. Speaker Barbara Buckley apparently was upset that her proposal to double check to make sure our Insurance Overlords are paying their taxes interfered with the Governor's daily nap. (Sun) He replied that he was sorry, but he needs his beauty sleep cuz it's hard enough for an older guy to get a date without all those ugly work lines around the eyes. Or something like that. And then he said this: "It is imperative that each of us take a hard look at all ideas that will generate revenues to our state so we do not minimize public services [sic] that would impact the people of the State of Nevada." (Sun) Um. Does that mean the Gube would consider more DinaTaxes? No, I don't really believe that, either.
- Christmas is coming early this year! Speaker Barbara Buckley wants to hold three meetings of the Interim Finance Committee on December 8, 9, and the 15th to discuss the budget mess. Please tell me the Governor will be required to testify dressed as the Grinch. Oh, please, please, please, please, please.